As the newly elected Regional Director for The Atlantic Region, I greet you with great humbleness and hope.
Our region has historically been a staple in our great organization, and with your help, we will continue this great legacy. The path that we’ve all chosen in Groove Phi land has given us an opportunity to serve our communities with the principles established by our 14 honorable founders. Each day we must strive for excellence in the name of Groove to strengthen the bonds of brotherhood and continue to be that “everlasting light” that illuminated the path for the next generation of black men.
As we prepare for the 2016 National Conclave that is being hosted by the Charlotte Graduate Chapter, I ask each of you to rededicate yourselves to this organization and the Constitution that binds us. In these turbulent times, we must fortify our organization structurally and financially. We must be proactive in the initiatives that we embark on as well as conduct ourselves with the highest of ethical standards.
During my term, I would like each chapter and member to focus on the service that we are providing to our communities. Through service, we will be able to put our purpose in action and lead by example.
The time for us is now, but each of us has to make this choice on our own. As Regional Director, I pledge to be there in the trenches as we fight these battles, together. I pledge to represent our organization at the ultimate levels. I pledge to give Groove Phi Groove by all and in return, I challenge each of us to do the same. I challenge us to bring something to the table. I challenge us to become active members, as described in our constitution. I challenge us to make a difference in our communities.
The Atlantic Region includes the state of North Carolina. The Atlantic Region Director is responsible for the following chapters in the region:
- Buck Chapter – East Carolina University – Undergraduate
- Falcon Chapter – St. Augustine’s College – Undergraduate
- Ram I Chapter – Winston-Salem State University (Winston-Salem, North Carolina) – Undergraduate
- Bronco Chapter – Fayetteville University – Undergraduate
- Bruin Chapter – Shaw University – Undergraduate
Bear II Chapter – Livingstone College (Salisbury, North Carolina) – Undergraduate
- Bull Chapter – Johnson C. Smith University (Charlotte, North Carolina) – Undergraduate
- Eagle I Chapter – North Carolina Central University (Durham, North Carolina) – Undergraduate
- Saber Chapter – Barber-Scotia College (Concord, North Carolina) – Undergraduate
- Tarheel Chapter – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Undergraduate
- Tiger III Chapter – Durham College – Undergraduate
- Viking Chapter – Elizabeth City State University (Elizabeth City, North Carolina) – Undergraduate
- Aggie Chapter – North Carolina A&T State University – Undergraduate
- 49er Chapter – University of North Carolina Charlotte – Undergraduate
- Bear III Chapter – Lenoir-Rhyne University – Undergraduate
- Elizabeth City Graduate Chapter
- Fayetteville Graduate Chapter
- Greensboro Graduate Chapter
- Raleigh Graduate Chapter
- Triangle NC Graduate Chapter
- Winston-Salem Graduate Chapter
- Charlotte Graduate Chapter
- Durham Graduate Chapter
- Johnson C. Smith Virtual Alumni
- North Carolina Central University Virtual Alumni